April 2011: Reading Recap
Total Books: 15 | Poetry: 1 | YA: 14
Digital Galleys: 4 | Audiobooks: 1
- Stories that Listen by Priscilla Becker (Poetry, 4/1)
- Leverage by Joshua Cohen (YA, Teen Book Scene, 4/2)
- The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky (YA, Publisher, 4/5)
- Seth Baumgartner’s Love Manifesto by Eric Luper (YA, Audiobook, 4/7)
- Compulsion by Heidi Ayarbe (YA, Teen Book Scene, 4/8)
- An Off Year by Claire Zulkey (YA, 4/9)
- The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard (YA, 4/9)
- The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams (YA, 4/9)
- A Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life by Dana Reinhardt (YA, 4/9)
- Girl Wonder by Alexa Martin (YA, NetGalley, 4/15)
- Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer (YA, Teen Book Scene, 4/18)
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (YA, 4/20)
- The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson (YA, NetGalley, 4/23)
- Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton (YA, Galley Grab, 4/24)
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty (YA, NetGalley, 4/30)
My reading this month was up from the last few months, primarily because of Dewey’s Readathon. I still need to catch up on quite a bit of reviewing! I really enjoyed a lot of the books I read in April, and I’m starting to particularly enjoy escaping into summer books. Those beach reads are keeping me going when I look outside and it is still gloomy and cold.
May promises to be a busy month full of bookish things, even if not necessarily all that much reading. I’m going to be attending BEA; I will be in NYC from May 22 to 28. If you are going to be there, I hope we can exchange contact info so I can meet up with as many bloggers as possible. This is going to be my first time attending and I’m incredibly nervous and excited. I hope it will be as fun and informative as everyone says.
What were your favorite April reads? What books are you most looking forward to reading in May? There are so many awesome looking books coming out this month, and I can’t wait to hear which ones you are most enthusiastic about!