If You Like Delirium
If You Like… is a feature highlighting blogger recommendations for books, authors, TV shows, movies, and music based on the things you already know and love. This week includes suggestions based on Lauren Oliver’s Delirium.
If you like Delirium, you might like…
Recommended by Jennifer @ YA Book Nerd:
- Uglies: Tally lives a world where your sweet 16 becomes the day your turn Pretty and live a life of Fun. What happens if your birthday comes and goes?
- Elsewhere: After death, Liz begins her new life in Elsewhere. Life after death isn’t want Liz expected. She doesn’t want to count her life backwards; she wants to finish high school and go to college. Instead, she’s stuck in the new world living with her grandmother whom she just met. Death isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
- Before I Fall: February 12th isn’t just another day for Samantha Kingston. It’s the day she relives for a week, trying to make the most of her death. If she changes her actions during the day, how will it affect others?
Recommended by Tahleen @ Tahleen’s Mixed-Up Files:
- Anthem: In a world where people are just a part of the system, individuality and emotion do not exist; at least, if they do, they are suppressed greatly. Here, “love” is a foreign concept, sort of like in Delirium, but the focus is more on individuality. Plus, it’s short.
- The Giver: Everything is perfect in Jonas’s society on the surface. No pain or suffering, all are equal. But no one knows true joy or pleasure, either. This is a classic in children’s literature and I think those who liked Delirium will like this too, even if it’s aimed at a slightly younger audience.
Recommended by Jacinda @ The Reading Housewives of Indiana:
- Matched: I personally didn’t like Matched much. I’m one of the few who didn’t. I do see similarities between the two. Matched had more of a love story than a dystopian plot line to me, so I think it would be a great read for lovers of Delirium.
- The Uglies Series
Recommended by Flo @ Book Nerds Across America:
Have you read Delirium? If so, please share your own recommendations in the comments!
If you would like to get involved in future weeks of “If You Like…” please contact me for more information. You can check out past weeks of If You Like posts here.