Top Ten Sequels I’m Dying to Read
Top Ten Tuesday is a feature organized by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is devoted to sequels you are dying to read. Before I list my not-quite-ten, I need to tell you something. Let’s just get it out of the way. The truth is, I prefer standalones. I try not to read a lot of ongoing series because I am inpatient. I can’t handle waiting a year or two or three for answers. I want them now. This is why I end up marathoning TV shows for days, and it is why I mostly try to stick to series that are over. However, there are some exceptions. These are the sequels I am anxiously awaiting.
- Matched #3 by Allie Condie: I’ve read Matched and Crossed, and while I admit that it’s not currently one of my favorites series of all time, I still can’t wait to find out what happens with Cassia, Ky, Xander, and the rest of the Matched characters.
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano: Loved Wither and I’m very curious to see where the next story arc will take things. From the summary available, it looks like poor Rhine isn’t going to be able to catch a break.
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver: Delirium was one of my favorite books ever. And the ending made me cry like a baby. I have high hopes that this next book, which appears to be set in the Wilds, will be just as captivating instead of falling into the trap of being an intermediary book that just sets us up for the third.
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis: I was really liking Elder and Amy, and then a secret was revealed at the end of Across the Universe that shook things up a bit. Looking forward to seeing what happens onboard this ship, but I have to say, it’s not looking good.
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth: I read Divergent because people practically forced me to. Even though it did not sound like something I would normally read. I admit, I enjoyed it. While it was long, it was a fast read, and I’m hoping that the next one will offer more of the same.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door/Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins: I know these are not sequels, strictly speaking. They are companion novels. But they do have some recurring characters, so hopefully the book blogging police won’t get me for this one. Like pretty much everyone else on the planet, I loved Anna and the French Kiss and I hear Perkins has some other good stuff up her sleeves.
- All These Things I’ve Done #2 by Gabrielle Zevin: I’m currently reading the first book of this new series, but I’m pretty sure that once I finish, I’m going to be looking forward to more.
- Series that I’m About to Start: I got a bunch of books at BEA that are firsts in new series. I don’t know yet how excited I’ll be about the followups to these books, but I’m guessing a few will pique my interest. They include: The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson, Ashes by Ilsa Bick, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, and Legend by Marie Lu. It looks like I’m going to be doing a lot of waiting soon. That won’t be pretty.
What sequels are you dying to read?